Online Classic Car Auctions: Classic Cars for Every Budget
There is a new crop of classic car auctions, only online, that run continuous auctions with a car sale coming to it’s conclusion almost everyday of the week.
These new auctions are innovative, accessible, lively and throw up some wonderful vehicles. It’s a great format that brings the classic car market bang up to date and inline with it’s new, younger, more dynamic audience.
Typically these auctions understand both their strengths; online, convenience and their ultimate flaw; not seeing the car in person.
Yet, they seem to deal with this problem in the most transparent way for the potential buyer.
Using video, photographs, interviews with the seller and copious ‘proven’ history evidence, these sales are becoming more and more legitimate and a great alternative to an actual ‘in person’ auction.
Here are our current favorite Online Classic Car Auctions:
Trade Classics is the #1 marketplace for buying and selling a classic car online in our auction room | FREE to sell in our auction and classified sale.
Collecting Cars is a European specialist online auction platform devoted to cars and automobilia. Our passion and experience encompass cars of all genres and eras.
The most transparent way to buy or sell your classic car or motorcycle. Specialist online auctions with professional listings and verified buyers and sellers as well as the Patina Price Trends tool allowing you to search the actual price trends for any make or model of car
Car & Classic is the largest, busiest and most trusted marketplace for classic cars in the world – recently just started rolling out its car auction service as an update to go alongside it’s incredible classifieds service.
The list above is limited but will no doubt grow – do forward your suggestions for this list.
Also, you might want to check out the list below.
The ‘Everyman’ list of UK classic car auctions
These businesses, who maybe already had an online presence, via Proxibid or a similar platform have now been forced online throughout what has been the transformative year that is 2020 due to both competition from the list of companies above and of course the recent pandemic:
1. Anglia Car Auctions – “From modern second-hand vehicles to classic cars and motorbikes for sale… regular auctions at its King’s Lynn base”
2. CCA – “Classic Car Auctions (CCA) is a specialist auction house for the sale of ‘everyman’ classic cars to a value of approximately £50,000”
3. Barons Auctions – “We host up to 8 sales each year between the second week in February and the second week in December. All sales are held at the superb Sandown Park facility. No leaking tents, portable-loo’s and terrible faclities with us!”
4. Historics – “With its home at the Brooklands Museum, Britain’s most evocative motoring arena, Historics auction house is now firmly established for the sale and purchase of the finest historic, classic and sports cars and motoring memorabilia.”
5. H and H auctions – “H&H was founded by Simon Hope and Mark Hamilton in 1993 as a specialist auction house dedicated solely to the sale of collectors’ motorcars and motorcycles.”
6. Coys – “Specialists in Fine Historic Automobiles Valuers & Auctioneers”
7. South West Vehicle Auctions – “The SWVA classic car auction has become one of the highlights on the classic car enthusiast’s calendar.”
8. Mathewsons – “Classic Car Auctions and Sales, vehicles and memorobilia”
9. DVCA – “The leading specialist auction house in the West Country for historic vehicles and automobilia”
10. Brightwells – “Classic Motoring sales”
11. Copart – The Used and Salvage Car Auction Specialists
Check out this site for an up-to-date list of all UK based (and also worldwide) forthcoming classic car auctions in date order
And also, don’t forget to search the Glenmarch database for results across the globe for your classic car.